Saturday, July 02, 2005

Day Off

Have you ever noticed that when ever you have a, "day off" you tend to do just as much, if not more than you would in a normal work day. It's perplexing because when you think about it, we take a "day off" so that we don't have to do anything that requires more energy than picking up the remote controll and pressing the ON button. But now it seems like more and more my "day off" has become filled with miscellaneous events, that when you add them up equal one extremely overbooked day.

Take today for example. I took the day off from both of my jobs; instead of relaxing I attended my good friend's wedding. ( I graduated high school with her. And doesn't seem like too long ago which makes her getting married already uber wierd. But that 's neither here nor there.) So anyways, I ended up spending four hours at this wedding instead of relaxing outside in the sun...working on my much needed tan. I mean, don't get me wrong, the wedding was great but I just find it amusing how we take our much needed time for rest and fill it with more odd jobs and appointments than we know what to do with.

No comments: