Monday, September 11, 2006

9-11-2006

Monday, September 11, 2006

As I sit here today desperately trying to find the right words to say, and just how to say them I am constantly coming back to one thought... that is that I pray that we all would stop and remember those who lost their lives five years ago. Especially those who gave their life so that others may be saved; all the members of the NYPD and FDNY who chose to risk their life for somebody they didn't know. I can't help but think that I myself, am inadequate... what have I done.... what have any of us done?

My wish today, five years later, is that somehow we could all find the courage inside of us to give of ourselves for that someone we don't know. Not to say that we need to go find a burning building to run into, but that we be selfless and give to someone else who is in need instead of thinking about ourselves. After all, isn't that supposed to be part of who we are as Americans? Certainly we proved that on 9/11 but I pray that it's not just in dire times that we come together, but that it is on a daily basis.

So as you go about your daily routine today, remember, and try to ask yourself what you've done lately? It's never too late.

4 comments:

Mandy Sue said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mandy Sue said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mandy Sue said...

Wow. Definately know what you mean. Sometimes it seems like a lot of people have already forgotten what happened just five years ago.

And I definately think you are right. We shouldn't just band together in the hard times only.

Good job at writing something that really makes you think. Once again. :D

LaDonna said...

Very nicely written, Zach! I've been thinking the same thing, how it only seems to be the major things that bring people together. It shouldn't be that way. A sense of community should a constant thing, not just once a year.