Saturday, February 11, 2006

90 Minutes Of WHAT!, HUH!, and BALLL!!

So, where to start? Well, tonight Matt and I had the glorious opportunity to go to a "concert" (If you want to call it that. It was more like a ski lodge with a coffe shop combo package. With an atmosphere of a camp fire except for nobody you knew, nor would want to get to know... plus you COULDN'T HEAR ANYTHING BECAUSE THE MUSIC WAS SO LOUD!!)

So like I was saying, we went this "concert" headlining Paul Wright preceded by a bunch of LOUD obnoxious openers. Yeah, we thought they loud, nope!! Paul Wright was quite a bit louder! Not to say so much that he himself was loud but his bassist was loud. Couldn't hear anything over that. (The guy at the mixing board wasn't too sure what to do. I mean, he waas probably thinking to himself, "uhh... I can't mix, I don't know where to start... uhh... MAX THEM ALL!!") So yah, definately LOUD!! Ooh!! Guess what, now I can be part of the "deaf community"... but is it with a capitol "D" or a lower cas "d"... like I even care. (In other news, if Deaf Community was a real band, they would probably sound a whole lot better than Paul Wright Live!) Oh yah, also, I'm MUTE now, no, no, not from singing... YELLING!!

So now we find ourselves standing in a room full of strangers, in the dark, listening to badly played music, and I payed $8 for this? But as Matt put it, "It's like an $8 massage!" Seeing as how the bass was so loud, it was shaking my insides! So we did, what what everyone else WANTED to do, we left... and went to Shari's.

Now this is a whole other story... so if you arn't completely lost and or bored, you can leave a comment asking me about it. I will be more than glad to share it with you!

7 comments:

Falling LEAVes said...

They've been playing Paul Wright's "Sunrise to Sunset" a lot on Air1. Kinda like it.

MsPoppins20 said...

Was Sanctus Real at this show?

Mandy Sue said...

yeah...you have it completely right...the concert sucked..except I was there, i'm not a stranger am I??.lol..hope not

Zachary J. Miles said...

Ok no you're not a stranger but you know what I'm saying. Work with me on this one!

Rational Icthus said...

Is it me, or am I getting too old for this? I don't know who ANY of these groups/individuals are...

Stacy said...

Earth to Zach....time for a new post!!

Mandy Sue said...

ditto what Stacy said!