Thursday, November 10, 2005

I THNK I'M GOING DEAF!!!

Well, you heard right. LOL! I crack myself up. So yes, I think I am going deaf. Seeing as how the holidays are upon us, or will be shortly, we are starting to make "holiday drinks" @ work. Well this includes Eggnog Lattes. Uh oh... I think that's throw up in my mouth... oh, there it is again. Come on people!! How nasty is that. I mean Eggnog is nasty to begin with. If you are a fan of it, ok fine, I guess I can agree to disagree with you on that one. But adding a shot of espresso to that, ewwwww!

So I have to make this drink which requires the eggnog to be steamed. CAN YOU SAY LOUD!! I MEAN IT SOUNDS LIKE A JET TAKING OFF IN YOUR RIGHT EAR. IT'S DEAFENING!!

I'm just glad not too many people have bad taste, so I don't have to make too many.

9 comments:

Bryan said...

I think I'll have an eggnog latte next time I'm in your shop. :)

Zachary J. Miles said...

Of all people, you Bryan, should understand where I'm coming from. Come on!! Throw me a bone!

Zachary J. Miles said...

You make me want to PUKE!

Stacy said...

As Florin so plainly put it to you the other night....

I'd like an Eggnog Latte, extra Eggnog = )

Bryan said...

Could I get an extra egg in my eggnog?

Rational Icthus said...

OK, I'll weight in as an eggnog hater.

Well, sort of. It's about perspective. Eggnog (like the kind you can buy at Safeway) is nasty. It tastes like sugared snot and the only benefit it has over just whiffing a big one from nose to throat is the slightly smoother texture.

On the other hand -- Zach, you might want to look into this -- homemade eggnog is awesome. If you look at classic eggnog recipes, they're nothing more/less than unfrozen ice cream. Eggs, cream, milk, sugar & salt. Good stuff. Come to think of it, taking a shot of that into a latte would be pretty awesome.

Jillian's Mom has an eggnog recipe she makes, then she cuts it with vanilla ice cream. The stuff is heaven, but it sure doesn't taste like the "eggnog" I've come to hate.

Zach, we'll be down over TG. Let's hook up and we'll try some of the real stuff just for kicks. Might even throw down some coffee.

Zachary J. Miles said...

Well it's about time someone kinda takes my side. Wow!

And Chris, I think I will take you up on that offer. I must say, the eggnog I have come to hate oh so much, is your run o' the mill eggonog off the shelf. So yes, I will try some homemade nog just for kicks and giggles. Maybe I will come to enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Haha. Yeah I hate making eggnog lattes cause they splatter all over my face and then people look at me like I'm some shade of stupid---oh wait they always do that anyway ha! Jerks. Gosh. Whenever someone orders that the next time, I am going to back up to the other counter, avoid eye contact, and hold up a little sign that says: Please go away.

Mandy Sue said...

I happen to agree with you on this one zach...eggnog is disgusting (but i have to admit...ive never tried the homemade kind before) and adding a shot of it to a latte sounds 10 times more revolting.